El Crucero Permanent Supportive Housing Program Manager
Families and Youth. Inc. is hiring a full-time Program Manager for the El Crucero Permanent Supportive Housing Program
Summary of Duties: The El Crucero Permanent Supportive Housing Program Manager is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the El Crucero Permanent Supportive Housing Program. The Program Manager will coordinate and oversee services and supports that will assure families in residence maintain safe and stable housing.
Essential Job Functions Included but Not Limited To:
- Ensure that El Crucero PSHP adheres to housing first model and maintains best practices related to harm reduction philosophies, motivational interviewing, client-centered services and trauma-informed care as it relates to families.
- Maintain a working knowledge of local housing programs.
- Design and manage program services so that they are effective and have an impact on families and the community.
- Work with community partners to identify and engage individuals and families that are homeless, at imminent risk of homelessness, low-income and/or fleeing domestic violence to screen for eligibility for El Crucero Permanent Supportive Housing.
- Screen and staff families to determine eligibility for residence at El Crucero PSH.
- Meet with potential tenants for pre-housing activities, lease signing, housing inspections, recertification and other times when necessary.
- Assist tenants in maintaining housing stability
- Coordinate case management services with other community agencies
- Make referrals as needed to supportive services (case management, counseling, physical health services, educational services, and employment support services)
- Develop existing (Life Skills) and new program components as needed or directed
- Maintain client files and program statistics including household demographic data
- Research grant and other funding opportunities in order to pursue additional funding
- Prepare monthly and annual reports for funders and board members as needed
- Maintain data and records related to monthly rent collection including receipts, ledgers and bank deposits
- Act as a liaison and program spokesperson for Families and Youth, Inc.
- Coordinate donation opportunities throughout the community
- Develop and maintain coordination and linkages with other agencies and service organizations
Education and/or Experience:
- Must be 21 years or older per Licensing and Certification Regulations
- Master’s Degree in Human Services preferred
- Knowledge of crisis intervention, case management, and ethics
- Availability to work flexible hours, provide on-call support and respond to after-hours concerns and emergencies.
- Must pass a CYFD Criminal Records Check
- Possession of a valid New Mexico driver’s license, and clean driving record
- An excellent communicator, both written and verbal, with strong attention to detail
- Bilingual preferred
Please submit a Letter of Interest and Resume to www.fyinm.org. Position open until filled.